Monday, May 25, 2009

A whole lot of magazine for $1.64


I've been looking for ways to cut back on my brainless spending recently (haven't we all?). I realized I've been buying way more magazines that I need. I just see a new glossy issue out in the check-out line and I think I need it! Since I already have a monthly subscription to Glamour (yay!), I really don't need all of the other ones. So I've recently started going to a book store that's within a mile of my apartment, ordering the cheapest thing on the menu (a tall Italian soda for exactly $1.64, tax included) and reading as many fashion magazines that my heart desires. It's waaay cheaper. And I kind of think it's more fun to read them in a cozy bookstore atmosphere than in my cluttered living room. I've been doing this every 2 weeks and it's helped my finances a lot!

Word to the wise: don't order a pomegranate Italian soda. It's really tart and sour.

No comments:

Post a Comment