Monday, January 25, 2010

WORST BLOGGER IN THE WORLD

That's me, in case you were wondering. Things just got too crazy with school and, you know, life in general. Plus that eyeshadow challenge was a little too umm...... challenging. Ha. I really like my neutral eyeshadows lol. Anyway, I may do a few more- maybe some of the color families I haven't attempted yet. I think a lot of them are pretty similar though.

But in other news, I found out something that will seriously change the course of my life (or at least my face) for the worse. CoverGirl's TruShine Lipsticks are being DISCONTINUED!!!!!!! I found this out on the lovely Internets and was legitimately upset. That was the only lipstick I ever completely used. That was the one shade I could literally throw on in the car without a mirror and know that it would simultaneously match anything I was wearing and brighten up my tired face. SOOO upset.

I have browsed online for a worthy substitute, and the only similar shade and sheer formula I could find was Neutrogena's MoistureShine Lip Sheers in Plum Kiss. Not that I've tried it yet because they're almost $10 for a stinkin tinted lip balm. But they are tingly. Hmmm....

Anyway, I have found another tinted tingly lip balm that I like. Although the colors are a little hit-or-miss. It's Wet 'n Wild's Natural Wear Lip Shimmers:

They are $1.99 at most places, they have an amazing tingle, and are SUPER pigmented. I tried 106 and 101- 101 is definitely my favorite. The cap looks kind of spice-colored (I actually think the name is Spice- but you know how Wet 'n Wild products have a name but it comes off with the plastic wrapping so then you can never remember it), but it's kind of a peach shade. This is what it looks like on me:

It's just enough darker than my actual lips to brighten up my face and make me look "finished". I really like it a lot. My only beef? I feel like these peachy shades look clashy when I wear green, blue, or teal shirts, which is only like every day. Still looking for a new fave.... Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment