Friday, August 14, 2009

How to pick out a lipcolor

It's a very simple, self-developed rule for picking out your perfect shade. You'll be amazed at just how easy it is. Ready?

Buy the first shade you're attracted to.

I know, I know. So easy!
In case you're skeptical, let me explain. Usually your eye is drawn to shades that work well with your coloring. USUALLY. Unless you're still attracted to frosty pink lip gloss from the 80s. If that describes you, then I'm afraid you're beyond my helping abilities. But generally speaking, fair girls are attracted to lighter, brighter shades, warmer-skinned girls are attracted to beigy nude colors, and dark-skinned girls pick dark, dramatic colors. Want proof? Here are the colors I'm ALWAYS magically drawn to in the makeup aisle:

From left: Maybelline Superstay in Special Sparkle (discontinued), WetnWild Diamond Brilliance in 611 Baby's Got Bling, Maybelline Color Sensational in Peachy Scene, and Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine for Lips in Peony. Oh yeah, the one at the bottom is something I got at the dollar store is unidentifiable.

Yup, uncannily weird that they all look the same. And you know what? All of them are flattering on me.
Go out and try it. Bonus points if you can get a flattering lipstick for free :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment