Friday, November 6, 2009

120 days of shadow: Day 21

Happy Rory Gilmore Day! In honor of this (self-concocted) holiday, everyone should break out their navy blue sweaters, a bowl of coffee, and the awesome makeup I'll be posting about. Here's the picture on the cover of Season 7 that I've probably stared at since it was released on DVD, which was like... 3 years ago. Awesome.

I think I finally found the winning combination for Rory's makeup:

1) On the show she usually wears a shimmery peachy shadow. I tried this one:


2) An awesome shimmery blush.
3) Coral lips.
I'm wearing Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor in Coral (I wore the Wine one on Tuesday). Love this stuff! But for some reason, in this picture above it looks a lot brighter than in real life. The other picture is more accurate. Trust me, it's pretty.

What's on my cheeks, you may ask. Well I'll tell you!! I just bought a new blush and thought I'd test it out. It's Wet 'n Wild Ultimate Minerals in Rose Shimmer. I'm not a huge Wet 'n Wild fan, but all of these blushes looked so pretty that I had to try one (um, they're $3 so I don't feel that bad). This one is beautiful. It has some shimmer to it, and it's one of those colors that I feel like would bring out a natural rosiness in every complexion. It looks coral since I'm wearing a coral lipstick, but I tried it with baby pink too, and it looks more rosy pink.

Well, my face kind of looks like Rory. Too bad my hair doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment