Wednesday, November 11, 2009

120 days of shadow: Day 26

I think I either saw this eyeshadow look on a friend of mine from high school, or out of a magazine, or I just made it up out of sheer awesomeness. I picked this strange blue color that looks like one of the crayons in a 12-pack.... indigo, maybe?

I only applied the indigo to the inner half of my eye. I shaded the rest of my lid and the crease in with brown, and then blended them together really well in the middle. The effect is kind of metallic, which is cool. I imagine it'd be even more believable if you used two colors that are similar in hue- like gold on the inside and bronze on the outside. Hmmm, maybe I'll try that.

I didn't want my lips to compete with my eye makeup, but I'm sick of nude lip gloss. Boring. So I picked one that
almost nude- shimmery gold! Love. It's Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid in Gold Gleam. If you love it, sorry, because it's discontinued. Which is really too bad because I liked Maybelline's "Wet Shine Diamonds" line (gloss and lipstick) a lot. But I got it at Dollar Tree after it was discontinued, which is cool. It really is a good way to try out new looks. You can try a color that's out of character for you, and if you love love love it, you can find a product that looks very similar. Well that's what I do, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment