Tuesday, October 6, 2009

120 days of shadow: Day 3

OK, this is late because I was out late at a crazy indie/techno show with my husband last night. That said, I took the opportunity to wear hot pink shadow to this insane show. When else can I wear it?? Well, I tried to tone it down just a tad so that I could actually wear it out in public too. I wore it grocery shopping and to teach my music lessons. Little kids are brutally honest, and no one said, "What's that pink stuff on your eyes???", so I figured I was ok. Here's what it looked like:

I blended some wine-colored cream eyeshadow (Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Wild Orchids- the darkest shade) into my crease and smudged a little bit underneath my lower lash line. That, and the fact that I wore a purple top, made the shadow look more like vibrant violet instead of HOT PINK. Which is fine with me.

Oh, and coordinating lips. Since my eyes were kind of dramatic, I decided to wear a peachy-nude gloss (Wet 'n Wild Diamond Brilliance in #617). I like this gloss because it's actually pigmented when you put it on your lips. I deeply detest the clear, shiny gloss look. Sue me. Here are my lips:

Wanna know what I think about this lipgloss? It's name is deceiving (Diamond Brilliance). It's not very brilliant. It's more of a watery finish. But the color is very nice. And it's definitely not sticky, so I like it. If you want diamondy brilliance, though, go for Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine for Lips, or Sally Hansen Diamond 12-hour Lip Treatment. Those are really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment