Saturday, October 10, 2009

120 days of shadow: Day 8

It's Saturday and my eyelids needed a break. Or I was just bored. So I took an eyeshadow sponge applicator (one from Physician's Formula Wet/Dry Baked Eyeshadows.... it has one side that's really narrow to use as liner), got it damp, dipped it in wine-colored shadow, and lined my eyes with it. The effect looked like I'd used a liquid metallic liner. Pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna have to do that for some of the crazier colors I'm scared to try. Like, ahem, turquoise. Can girls with blue eyes really wear turquoise eye makeup?? We shall see. Someday.




I noticed I've been doing a lot of warm colors that contrast with my eye color, like pink, wine, and orange. It seems to make them stand out a little more. So I guess girls with brown eyes should pick cool-colored shadows?


And now to my favorite segment of the show- What Katie's Wearing On Her Lips! I find L'Oreal's HIP Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss (the kind in a tube) in Astounding in an old purse of mine, so I decided to give it a second shot. It's BRIGHT purple in the tube, but looks kind of like grape jelly on my lips. Which is stinkin awesome, because I love grape jelly. The only problem? It kind of feels like grape jelly too- thick and sticky. These L'Oreal glosses in the tubes aren't my favorite, but the color is nice, I guess.

Oh, and I had to give a shout-out to my husband (I guess we bloggers would call him Mr. Anything Green? Mr. Green?) and his special ramen recipe. It's one of the few things he cooks, but boy is it awesome. It's spicy enough to make my nose run, which is the true test of epic ramen. Perfect Saturday food.

No comments:

Post a Comment