Thursday, October 8, 2009

120 days of shadow: Day 6

Today was a very important day: Green Eyeshadow Day! Well, I don't know how important it is, because I'm pretty sure no one could tell what color shadow I was wearing.... I asked my husband and he said, "light blue? gray?", so whatever. Let's just call it Awesome Shimmery Eyelids Day.


I blended that same peach from yesterday into my crease just for giggles. No, I'm not being uber creative. I actually stole that idea from Indian Girl. Check out her blog- her pictures of her eyeballs look much better than mine.

I also have Rimmel's Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Pine (a mossy green) around my eyes, although it's kind of subtle. That's why I included this crappy close-up of my scary eyeball. But regardless of the scary picture, these liners are great! I use the black one almost every day, and just bought a brown one for more subtle looks (what with all these crazy-colored eyeshadows and all!). They last way better than Revlon's Colorstay, which I used to pay $9 a pop for. Stupid, I know. Now I pay about $4 for these, which are much better and have a really nice color range. Next I wanna try purple.... Mmmm.

And of course, I picked a peach lipstick (yay, peach!). You'll soon find out that I've been hunting for the perfect peach (a cross between light pink and light orange) for what feels like FOREVER. This one, however, is pretty near perfect. It's CoverGirl's Outlast Double Lipshine in Sahara, which is an awesome color! And don't even get me started on Outlast products. Some people would openly mock me for this, but I love long-wearing lipcolors! They're like nailpolish for your lips! (You have to get some kind of remover to take the color off at night.) But maybe this is just a matter of taste. Some people like sheer glosses that you have to reapply every hour on the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment